The Hitoki Saber is a laser-powered dry herb combustion device. It's important to understand that this is not a vaporizer. It is more of a high-tech bong. It will burn the flower and not just vaporize it. If you're looking for a vape, check out my top-rated vaporizers of this year.
The Saber is the portable and compact version of the Trident, making these the only laser bongs in the world.
Released in 2022, the Saber is quite portable and can be used anywhere. Users can also choose to use it as a laser bong by simply attaching it to a glass water pipe. The Tran brothers' inspiration for utilizing laser technology for their Hitoki vaporizers was born out of a need to create something for users who prefer a safer and healthier smoking experience.
The Saber's main difference from the Trident is that it's designed for travel or personal use, while its predecessor is more suitable for groups.
The most significant feature of the Saber is its laser system. Its combustion concept is similar to that of the Trident. Here is a short analogy to simplify it- Imagine placing a magnifying glass over a leaf. Position the magnifying glass under the sun and see what happens to the leaf as the sun goes through the glass and touches it. It's similar to how Hitoki's laser vaporizers work.
You get a smooth and clean vapor with full flavor because the laser system does not put butane or any other chemical into your lungs as you inhale. So, aside from allowing you to enjoy your herb in its truest form, the Saber also allows you to feel good about it.
One of the first things you will notice about the Saber is its modular, minimalistic, and elegant design. If you have used or seen the Trident, you'll also notice the significant size difference. Compared to the Trident, it's more convenient to bring around, inside your bag or backpack, anytime you want to. The Saber, however, is only lightweight in size and weight but it is packed with features.
For starters, one charge will give you around 60 uses. Charging is only for 45 minutes, so you can use your Saber as many times as you want to in a day.
In addition, despite its size, it is sturdy, thanks to its glass chamber. It is also one of the most luxurious vaporizers on the market.
The Saber isn't messy as well since it is butane-free and relies on laser technology. You won't have to use hemp wicks, too. As such, cleaning and storing the device is a convenient task.
You'll also find the following in your Saber kit:
- The Hitoki Saber
- Poker or Picking Tool
- Ceramic Chamber
- Type-C USB Charging Cable
- An Instruction Manual
As mentioned earlier, you can add accessories to your Saber, specifically the Bubbler, to complete the portable laser bong experience. If you want a pleasant and memorable laser experience, you can also choose to upgrade your glass waterpipe (the female insert rig that measures 14mm or 18mm).
Like the Trident, the Hitoki Saber has three color indicators for its temperature levels: blue for high, green for medium temperature, and blue for low setting.
Using the Hitoki Saber
Here's a straightforward usage guide:
- The bottom part of the device should be twisted counterclockwise for it to unlock
- After unlocking it, load the herb into the chamber (it can accommodate anywhere from .2 to .5 grams)
- Reattach and lock up the device tightly (or it won't turn on) – you'll know it's locked when it makes a clicking sound
- Optional- Attach a Bubbler to the device
- Turn on the power button by clicking on it five times to activate the laser
- To create a 10-second beam, double-tap the button
- Your Saber will give you the vapor you need in two to five seconds
Most users would start with the green or medium temperature level and then slowly build up and change the level accordingly.
Here are a few tips to make the most of your Hitoki Saber experience:
- Hit your Saber like a vaporizer, not like a pipe or bong. This means you should allow the laser to build its ember. Do this by starting with medium inhalations and then slowly moving on to longer ones. You'll savor the thick vapor clouds it will produce.
- The Saber has a dual tool that you should always use, specifically for unclogging air holes (using the pointy part) and for flattening the flower or herbs' surface to spread the ember evenly.
- Always clean your Saber after around 10 to 30 hits. Cleaning the device will help keep its taste and aroma intact. To clean your Saber, all you have to do is pour some alcohol into the bottom portion (enough to soak it). Take out the debris using clean water. The later lens should be thoroughly cleaned using a Q-tip after two to three uses.
Like the Trident, the Saber has several specs that you can take advantage of to ensure a satisfying laser vaporizer experience. Aside from the Type-C USB charger, your Saber also comes with the following specs:
- Its ceramic loading chamber is removable
- Its battery capacity is at 500mAh
- It has a battery level indicator
- Its heating method is cleaner and safer than traditional vaporizers and bongs (butane-free)
- It uses the laser combustion method (chemical-free)
- It works with an adapter
The Hitoki Saber is compatible with dry herbs. If you are fond of infusing your herbs with essential oils, you can do this on your Saber. Just make sure that you adjust your temperature setting to the highest level.
The Hitoki Saber is an out-of-the-box concept and is considered the first of its kind. For first-time users, the Saber may look a bit intimidating or confusing, but it's actually pretty easy to use. Loading, charging, cleaning, and packing the device is easy.
Best of all, the Saber is clean and safe (as much as smoking can be). It does not contain butane and other chemicals that can have negative health consequences.
- Compatible: Dry Herb
- Released Date: Jan 2022
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Smartphone App: No
- Vibration Notification: No
- Adjustable Airflow: No
- Display Type: LED
- Warranty: 6 Months
- Oven Material: Ceramic
- Oven Capacity: 0.5 grams
- Temperature Settings: 3 Levels
- Heating Method: Laser
- Heat up Time: 5 Seconds
- Charger Type: USB-C
- Battery Capacity: 500mAh
- Sesh Per Charge: 60 Sessions
- Overall Score: 4.7
- MSRP: $479
- Store: Visit Store